Best of 2012 Music List
Every year the same thing happens: a bunch of music comes out and some guy on the internet reviews it. I am that guy. I review music all the live long day. I’ve been working on my blogspot just to pass the time away. With this year, 2012 to be precise, a lot of very truly grand albums came out. I highly recommend nearly all of them. Since I can only pick a handful though I must pare down the choices to the absolute essentials. Because let’s be honest only a few albums per year could be considered perfect.
I do genuinely enjoy a lot of stuff that didn’t make it onto this list. Every day I listen to a handful of albums meaning I’ve probably digested way more music than is healthy. I’m okay with this fact. No list is ever perfect. Here though I try to give my closest approximation to what I enjoyed given my limited amount of time and limited music budget.
This is a top forty to celebrate my 39 years on this wonderful sweet old planet. Hope you enjoy some of these treats!
9. Godspeed you! Black Emperor - ‘allelujah! Don’t Bend! Ascend!
10. Hot Chip – In Our Heads
12. LA Vampires with Maria Minerva - The Integration LP
15. Lindstrom – Smallhans
17. Andy Stott – Luxury Problems
18. Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti – Mature Themes
19. Chris Weisman – Beatleboro
23. Tame Impala – Lonerism
32. Grizzly Bear – Shields
1. Moon Pool & Dead Band – Human Fly
2. Todd Terje - It’s the Arps EP
3. Drab Majesty - Unarian Dances
4. Ghost Lake - Late Spring Morning Sunlight EP
5. Souvenir Driver - Jeanne Moreau E.P.